As we all continue facing the array of challenges generated by the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue organizing to push Columbia University to support their workers, students, and community and take swifter action to alleviate the financial and emotional burden that falls on us all by providing more certainty and support.
To that end, we are holding days of action dedicated to the following issues that have come up in conversations with our colleagues, faculty, and students:
- Wednesday, April 29–Suspend Rent! Tenants Rights Workshop and more.
- Thursday, April 30–Support our Students.
- Friday, May 1–Celebrate International Workers Day by supporting International Student Workers.
- Monday, May 4–Stop the Cuts and Support the Columbia Community.
- Tuesday, May 5–Immediate Funding Now.
- Wednesday, May 6–Workers Rights.
- Thursday, May 7–Funding beyond the Spring Semester.
- Friday, May 8–Healthcare in a Pandemic: COBRA and Contract Negotiations.
We hope you join us in these virtual actions to demonstrate to the University that we are organized no matter the medium. We will be updating with more specific updates about each of the days later.